· Registration: May 15, 2012. To register for the conference, please send me (email@example.com) an email confirming your participation. If you could provide an abstract (or at least a title of your talk) at this time, it will be greatly appreciated as it will help us prepare the proposal for AMS in order to publish the proceedings in Contemporary Mathematics.
· Paying the registration fee: May 25, 2012. Please see the next section for instructions on how to pay the registration fee.
· Reserving your room: May 25, 2012. Please see the Accommodation section below for registration forms.
· For participants: The registration fee will be CAD $150; this will be waived for students, postdocs, and retired colleagues. The fee will cover breakfasts, coffee breaks, lunches, two excursions and a farewell dinner (Friday). The registration fee will not cover accommodation.
· For accompanying spouses: The registration fee will be $100; and it will cover breakfasts, the farewell dinner, and two excursions.
Please pay the registration fee online (using a credit card), using this University of Manitoba secure site, by May 25, 2012 (please let me know so I confirm receipt of your payment promptly). In exceptional cases, we will accept cash payment in Canadian dollars on site at the beginning of the conference.
1. Jose Aguayo
2. Martin Berz
3. Abdelbaki Boutabaa
4. Alain Escassut
5. Darren Flynn
6. Helge Glockner
7. William Grafton
8. Hans Keller
9. Nicolas Mainetti
10. Kyoko Makino
11. Ana Cecilia de la Maza
12. Enno Nagel
13. Miguel Nova
14. Herminia Ochsenius
15. Jacqueline Ojeda
16. Elena Olivos
17. Cristina Perez-Garcia
18. Yaroslav Sergeyev
19. Khodr Shamseddine
20. Todd Sierens
21. Alex Wittig
We plan to have the proceedings of the conference published, most likely again with Contemporary Mathematics of the American Mathematical Society. We hope that every speaker will contribute by writing a research paper. The papers should not have been published before and may not be published elsewhere later on. Every paper will be refereed; please be prepared to submit your paper within two months after the conference so that the refereeing process can start as soon as possible.
The conference will start on Monday, July 2 in the morning and will end on Friday, July 6. So participants should plan on arriving on Sunday, July 1 to Winnipeg International Airport. The distance from the airport to campus is about 18 km and it takes about 25 minutes by car; you can either take a taxi (it costs about $35 one way) or let us know in advance your arrival time and we will try to pick you up at the airport.
We have reserved blocks of rooms for the participants in the conference on campus and at the nearest hotel (which offers shuttle to the conference). The rates listed below are in Canadian dollars. For participants coming with their spouses, options b. and c. on campus may not be suitable as the rooms have only single-size beds.
1. On campus:
a. Arthur V. Mauro Residence: Two-bedroom suites at $69 per room per night (plus taxes). Each room has one double-size bed. Please use this form to reserve your room.
b. Pembina Hall Residence: Single rooms in a new dorm; each room has its own shower, bathroom, wireless internet and A/C at $69/night (plus taxes). Please use this form to reserve your room.
c. Mary Speechly Hall: Single rooms in a dorm with shared bathrooms/showers on each floor. Please use this form to reserve your room.
i. Single occupancy: $45/night (plus taxes).
ii. Double occupancy: each $35/night (plus taxes).
2. Canada Inn Hotel: To reserve your room at the reduced rates below, please call (204)261-5433 by May 25 and mention the reservation code for the conference 172333. Both options below (especially option b.) may be shared by two participants if they so wish.
a. Deluxe Queen, a spacious room with 2 queen-size beds: $109 per room (plus taxes)
b. King Leisure Suite (one bedroom with a king-size bed & TV + a separate living room with one double-size pull out sofa bed and TV): $129 per suite (plus taxes).
We will go on Wednesday (July 4) afternoon to The Forks. On Friday (July 6) afternoon, we will go to Assiniboine Park and we will have our farewell dinner at a nice restaurant (Terrace Fifty-Five Food and Wine) in the park.
· University of Manitoba Travel and Conference Sponsorship Program
Last changed on April 25, 2012